About the brands we carry...
At Northwoods Urban Farm, we like to work with brands that are local, high quality, traditional, and have a mission. It is our belief that by supporting these businesses and their product lines, we are providing our customers with brands that are healthy, unique, and of the highest quality. As our selections grow we will continue to choose brands and businesses that meet our stringent standards. With this in mind, we felt that we should share some of the limitations placed on us as retailers. We agree with and support the decisions made by each small business we purchase from.
Many of these brands (outside of the small engine category) made the choice to not allow their products to be sold online, or the choice to not allow retailers to sell on platforms such as Amazon and EBay so that they may maintain their high standards. This helps the company with quality control, as they ensure that their authorized retailers are committed to the same quality and care when they purchase the products for resale. You may have noticed that Sow True Seeds does not have an online shopping option. This is because we are adhering to their company standards regarding online sales. Although not available online, you are welcome purchase in store.
In some instances, these policies also include a MAP pricing approach. This means that the company we are buying the products from may have a policy that dictates how much the products may be sold for. Failure to follow the MAP policy would cause us to lose our partnership with the brand.
With these things in mind, we are excited to share information about some of these brands with you.
Old School Mills
- Old School's mission is to provide you with "antique foods" made just the way our ancestors did a hundred years ago.
- NC Company
- Meat sticks created from grassfed, antibiotic free, hormone free, nitrate free and MSG free beef.
- The company believes in a sustainable, community based farm business.
- Independence, VA (just over the NC line)
Asheville Tea Co.
- Traditional and unique teas created by farm to able collaboration
- Most ingredients are sourced in the southeastern US.
- Organic ingredients
- Asheville, NC
Maple Hill Candle Co.
- Each fragrance tells a story about a time in the life of Joseph, the company's founder.
- The company's goals are to provide you with the best candle available and to assist those in need of drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
- NC Company
- Industry leading burn times
- 100% Organic catnip
- Multi-award winning catnip
- Kansas City, MO
Blanchard & Co
- Family owned and operated
- 100% organic ingredients
- Dog treats only contain 5 ingredients!
- Gibsonville, NC
- All-natural dog treats made by chefs with special needs.
- Founded by The ARC of Greensboro to enrich the lives of people with Intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Inspired by traditional recipes
- All natural ingredients
- Designed to be used by everyone, even those with sensitive skin
- Wallace, NC
- Made from our apiaries in Northwoods.
- Northwoods Urban Farm exclusive
- Jacksonville, NC
Sow True Seed
- "Committed to providing high quality, open-pollinated seeds in support of sustainable food production and regenerative agriculture."
- Heirloom seeds
- Asheville, NC
Bertie County Peanuts
- Farming peanuts since 1917!
- All types of peanuts, from raw to chocolate covered habanero flavored!
- Windsor, NC